Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Proverbs Chapter 22


Healed through Discipline

Dargeia Lampkin

A good name is a reward of good behavior, a token of esteem of family,friends,church family, community, and one of W
isdom's most valuable prizes. Living wisely and traveling the path of wisdom results in a good name. But it does not come without challenges.

In reading Proverbs 22, I thought about how this scripture affected me and I have to say I'm in a better place now because admonition urges me to keep my eyes on the Lord, trusting Him to give me the power & strength to keep walking in the path of wisdom.

Verse 6
Train a child up in the way he should go, And when he is old he will never depart from it. This scripture was very challenging. I have to say that I have raised my children in the ways of God, but at times it has resulted in heartache and a feeling of failure for me who have trusted God, but yet I've seen my children stray at times. But after with many tears and much prayer I had to realize that God has given every individual including my kids the freedom to choose his own way! I had to give them back to the One that created them, so that they can develop their own relationship with Him! This verse is not necessarily a promise but more likely a warning to parents to break the willfulness of their children & direct them to God's way!!!




© 2015 by Dargeia Lampkin. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: